Friday, October 28, 2016

Back in battle but where shall I go?

I've been out of the game for quite a while.  Things are slowing down again.  My kids have decided that AD&D is too boring for their righteous teenager-ness  and I stand bereft of companions with which to game in the 1E/OSRIC  wilderness.

I can do solo play which boils down to me, the dice and the DMG and just going on an entirely random encounter in which the dice determine absolutely everything my PC does.

I have been informed of Play-by-Post which I plan to check out if the forum in question ever approves my join request.

I have been informed on playing in an online chat place which I am also going to try out.

My biggest problem in trying to game with a group is scheduling.  I have a really crazy and erratic schedule as a self-employed professional apiarist.  I get free time where I find it but the need to pay bills means that appointments and jobs come first and foremost as I get them.

Going random solo is the easiest to engage in but lacks the quality I desire most.  The story and creative interaction.

The rest all share the same main problem of being difficult to fit in such a random schedule.  I would like to take a break from being a DM for awhile.  It would be nice to be a player and look at the game fresh from that perspective.

I also plan to create and write some more stories, hopefully improving my writing skills and having great fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment