Personally, I'm a big fan of this class and have been using it. As a matter of fact, I have three characters that are Geomancers now.
You can download the PDF that details the Geomancer class if you like.
It's been fun playing the Geomancer, but this Christmas, I am giving Geomancers some toys, er tools they can use.
Magic items help make using a magic using class more interesting. When the spells slots run out, you gotta have the toys for backup. Until now, Geomancers don't have toys with them in mind.
Because Geomancers use magic in gems and stones rather than from the typical ways 1E magic users do, I've tried to be very specific to magic items that "accessorize" the Geomancer.
Geo's can only use a limited few weapons, staffs, daggers, oils and slings. So, I've come up with some staves and a dagger that fit right into their repertoire.
I gave them some cool Boom Dust and I'm working on some new stones/gems and spells for them as well. some of them that specifically work with these magic items.
You can see the details for all of these items on their page at my Wiki-Mage site.
To run down a list of them here though, we have:
- Stone Dagger, a dagger that can hold a magic gem or stone in it's pommel
- Staff of Gem Wielding, a staff that allows better control of a stones power and some bonuses.
- A "Master" Staff of Gem Wielding that is even awesomer than a regular Staff of Gem Wielding.
- Belt of Attunement, this gives the Geo someplace to store gems and stones as well as gives some bonuses.
- Boom Dust, remember those 4th of July poppers that kids throw down at the sidewalk? Yeah, just bigger and badder.