Sunday, March 31, 2013

Night job is great for game design

I picked up a night job driving railroaders around .  It's a pretty easy gig, but there are plenty of times when, because it is graveyard shift, things are just plain dead.

So dead that there is lots of time that can be filled uninterrupted by designing dungeons and writing adventures.   I am already getting to be two games ahead of the kids allowing me to get even more detail and thought put into them.

We've been focusing so much on the Middle Earth campaign, we haven't done a decent dungeon crawl in a while.  They love to do dungeon crawls.  So, I am making one that fits in to, where else?  Middle Earth.

The one I am drawing up now is pretty big, it will easily take the kids more than one session to complete, especially now that they only get to play about once a week for about 2 to 3 hours at a time.  Normally,  I like to make dungeon crawls that are quick to get through, one session usually.


No comments:

Post a Comment