Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Building a New World

In celebrating my re-entry into AD&D.  I have created an entire new place somewhere in my world called "Margle's Tomb".

I love to have places like this in my world because I like to keep things pretty open and basic.

Margle's Tomb could be a game all on it's own, depending on the DM who uses it.

It might just be one aspect of a game, it could be the focal point of the game.

I keep places like Margle's Tomb intentionlally bare.  It is simply a skeleton or a framework of a place and plot.

I have created a map of Margle's Tomb so it is structurally completed in design, rooms, halls, chambers, etc...

I have given the background of who Margle was and what his legacy might provide to adventurers.

After that, it is up to the dice to tell us what, where, how much, etc.. is to be found within.

Each adventure into Margle's Tomb is a new adventure because the Dungeon Master creates it's contents on the spot as they play through it.

Of course, a DM could also pre-populate Margle's Tomb before their players get into it if they so choose.

Even the chance of finding Margle's Tomb is random because he was such a powerful wizard that he set his tomb as a traveling tomb.  It could be anywhere, any time.

You might go into it at one place and come out of it (if you come out of it) somewhere else entirely.  The dice will let you know.  Unless, of course, the DM has already decided upon where it is and if it will stay put while players are in there.

If any DM's out there would like to have the maps to Margle's Tomb, feel free to ask and I will give you a link to d/l them.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment