Monday, November 21, 2011

The kids first adventure

Tonight was my kids first Ad&D 1st Ed. adventure after spending the last couple nights creating characters and reading the Player's Guide and familiarizing themselves a little bit.

I have to say I think it was a resounding success.  They both got into it especially after time went on and the story bgan to build as they interacted with towns folk and others.  They began to strategize and coordinate and bounce ideas off each other.

We are playing a game we found on DragonsFoot.org called "Pop goes the Meazle" and they love it.  Dragonsfoot website rocks!

I admit,  I had a ball too.  It was so much fun playing each npc just like it used to be.  Yeah, it's playing the game with kids, but that doesn't have to ruin the story or the experience just because  I am the only one my age involved.  Those games will be coming up very soon here. 

It's cool to see them having so much fun and getting into it as much as I used to.  Kids weren't arguing with each other but working together instead.  We got to laugh together and use our imaginations together.

No tv or computers were involved.  Just them and me, some paper and dice and they can't wait for more.

I just love AD&D

No comments:

Post a Comment