Friday, December 23, 2011

The Map Thief Strikes Again!

I'm not really a big fan of pre-published adventure modules. 

Not that some of them aren't good.  I'm not saying that at all.   No, I just feel "constrained" by playing someone else's game.

I inevitably end up adding, modifying, changing the module until it's part what it was and part what I want. 

I realize now that in the end, usually all I really want is the maps and buildings.   I can build the stories (I usually write my own games anyway) around the drawings.  Or,  I already have a story idea and I just need buildings to fill it out. 

I'm a map thief is what I am.

Thanks to DragonsFoot,  I don't have to "steal" maps anymore.  They are so kind as to provide many of them gratis.  That makes the game much more enjoyable for me.  All I have to  do is populate the buildings and areas to go along with my stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment