Sunday, December 18, 2011

What is your "real life" alignment?

I've been reading through the OSRIC 2.2 PDF in depth as I intend to immerse myself in the game system.

While doing so, it just occurred to me while reading through the alignment descriptions that one of the alignments really described how I see and think about myself.  I really identified strongly with it.  Whoa! Talk about crossing fantasy/reality boundaries huh?

What do I see as my real life alignment?

Chaotic good.

From the OSRIC 2.2 manual...
Chaotic Good, “Rebel”:  A chaotic good character acts as his or her conscience directs, with little regard for what others might expect. He or she makes his or her own way, but is generally kind and benevolent. He or she believes in goodness and personal honour, but has little use for laws and regulations.

Such a character disdains those who seek to intimidate oth-
ers and tell them what to do. He or she follows his or her own
moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that
of society. Chaotic good characters value the combination of
a good heart with a free spirit.

I swear, reading that is like someone's been in my head for the last 30 years or so and took this out of the experience.

Have you ever had the experience of reading something like this from a game and having it hit you like a sack of bricks because it hits so close to home?

Maybe I'm making too much of this.  Maybe it's nothing but fun and freakish coincidence.

I'm not sure, but it's going into my signature somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment