Sunday, December 18, 2011

New RPG Coming Soon..."U.S. Marshalls"

Inspired by OSRIC and the Open Gaming License,  I want to play cowboys with my favorite western heroes like Wyatt Earp and Matt Dillon.

OK,  I don't know if I could really make a game like that, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm having trouble figuring out what other classes there would be except for "Gunfighter"  then one would be one of a variety of alignments, boiled down to good, bad or indifferent.

I guess there could be a class for a "Doctor".  I have old Doc from Gunsmoke in mind there.  He had his share of action and special characteristics to help a small team make it through to the success (or failure) of the storyline.

Maybe "Rancher" could be another class thinking of "Bonanza" with the Cartwrights in mind as heroic wranglers who aren't looking to be lawmen, but just have that way of getting into situations that a badge wasn't necessary to solve.

I can see a class for a "Thief" too.

Maybe a "Sharp"?  I'm thinking of a Doc Holiday type for that.

Oh!  How about a "Swordsman" type as well in the footsteps of a Zorro type character.

I'll think more on this later.  It's likely it'll never get beyond this fun little dream, but hey, it's all about having fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment